The stainless steel bell is set in motion by a hydraulic cylinder. The hydraulic assembly is completed by an electric pump controlled by a PLC:
- Upstream water level measurement using sensors
- When the flow decreases in the river, the gate must be lowered to absorb a lesser flow, so as not to lower the water level upstream.
- When the valve is closed, the turbine is completely stopped and no more water passes through the blades.
Optimized yields thanks to automated control based on water levels
A programmable logic controller (PLC) with a touch screen will be supplied in an enclosure separate from the coupling cabinet. This PLC includes :
- A man-machine interface for parameter setting and monitoring
- Remote web access to monitor operation at all times
It is possible to add monitoring of other sensors via the same device