Ultra-compact, the T400 hydroelectric micro-turbine can be integrated into existing environments or those to be renovated, with a high degree of installation flexibility.
Submerged, it is invisible and silent.
Robust, it’s built to last.
Standardised, it is cost-effective for your low-head hydroelectric projects.
Decarbonised by nature, it meets today’s climate challenges.
Head and flow define the power available for each project:
- A study enable to identify the head and turbinable flow.
- Blade and guide settings are customized to suit these characteristics
- Generators are sized according to power and rotation speed
- Stainless steel turbine housing
- Heads of less than 5 m: fiber-filled polymer propeller blades
- Heads over 5 m: stainless steel propeller blades
- Sealed resin-coated stator and rotor
- Suction cone in high-performance fiber-reinforced concrete
The materials of which it is made, and its stainless steel body, enable it to be integrated into industrial sites.
Always associated with its fiber-reinforced concrete cone (supplied with the turbine)
To prevent air ingress, the suction cone must be completely submerged under at least 10 cm of water downstream.
A suitable screen and valve must be installed upstream of the turbine.
The turbine must be placed in a water chamber of sufficient volume, with a minimum height of water above it to avoid vortex phenomena.
Several turbines with different power ratings can be installed in parallel to optimize seasonal flow variations
The turbine directly generates 400 V three-phase / 50 Hz alternating current (60 Hz on request) to grid standards for the site characteristics (net head and flow rate) for which it has been designed.
For connection to the grid (self-consumption or resale), we offer a control and coupling cabinet.
The energy can also be fed directly into a resistive electrical appliance such as a heating system or your water heater, using our load-shedding cabinet.
Connection to the grid requires authorizations and/or contracts with the distributor, in accordance with current national regulations and standards.